Above everything else, NBA Top Shot is a community.
A community of people who have built collections for all kinds of reasons. Maybe they’re a lifelong fan of a team or a huge fan of a player. Or maybe they just really like The Office.
We know that Top Shot is at its best when as many types of collectors in that community as possible (experienced, beginner, and everything in between) have opportunities to snag the pack of their dreams.
While Collector Score has rewarded our most active collectors, it’s also made it somewhat harder for less established collectors to get their first highly coveted pack.
Until today — with the addition of Drop Levels to the NBA Top Shot platform.
How Are They Going To Work?
- General Queue (A chance at a rare pack) - All collectors with Collector Scores of 100+ will have access to the General Queue. Right now there are ~350,000 collectors eligible and 2,000 packs allocated for this queue. No collector who snags a pack in the Priority Queue 1 or 2 will be eligible to snag a pack in this queue as well.
- Priority Queue 2 (A better chance at a rare pack) - Established and intermediate collectors with Collector Scores of 5,000+ will have access to the Priority 2 Queue. Right now there are 25,000+ who qualify and 2,000 packs allocated. No collector who snags a pack in the Priority 1 Queue will be eligible to snag a pack in this queue as well. For the collectors in this group that don’t land a pack, there will be a final opportunity.
- Priority Queue 1 (The best chance at a rare pack) - Established collectors with high Collector Scores of 10,000+ will have access to the Priority 1 Queue. Right now there are 6K+ collectors who qualify and 2,000 packs allocated for this Queue. This will be the best opportunity for any collector to get a rare pack. For the collectors in this group that don’t land a pack, there will be two more opportunities.
This system provides our most active collectors with three shots from the field, while also opening the door for less established collectors to have a puncher’s chance for some of our most sought-after packs.
You can think of this similarly to airlines. While the General Queue gives everyone with the requisite Collector Score access to the flight, only the most active customers gain access to priority boarding and seat upgrades. In our case, only the most active collectors gain access to the Queues that offer the best chance of snagging a rare pack.
Want To Upgrade?
Collectors of all levels can earn themselves a slot in the Priority Queues by continuing to build up their collections.
Now that Collector Score updates in real-time on your profile, you’ll be able to see how every new Moment in your collection contributes toward your eligibility.
We hope the Drop Levels system affords collectors lower barriers to entry to snag a pack, while still rewarding active collectors every step of the way. As this is our first time doing this, we anticipate there’ll be opportunities to learn and optimize.
These packs figure to sell out quickly. Led by the Valley Oop, the iconic inbound alley-oop to DeAndre Ayton that propelled the Suns to a 2-0 lead over the Clippers in the Western Conference Finals, these Moments stand out as the brightest we’ll see.
Some more information for you:
1x rare And Then There Were Four
3x common 2021 NBA Playoffs
2x Series 2 Base Set
This Limited Edition rare drop consists of 10 different And Then There Were Four rare Moments, each numbered to 750.
For the General Queue on Wednesday, July 14, at 2 PM PDT, collectors must have a Collector Score of 100 or higher.
For the Priority Queue 2 at 12 PM PDT on Wednesday, July 14, collectors must have a Collector Score of 5,000 or higher.
For the Priority Queue 1 at 10 AM PDT on Wednesday, July 14, collectors must have a Collector Score of 10,000 or higher.
Collectors will be able to qualify for different Drop Levels. There will be three relevant Drop Bonuses for this drop.
- The first bonus will guarantee access to every queue (unless the collector receives a pack in an earlier queue) to collectors with all 30 Cool Cats Moments in their collection.
- The second bonus will provide collectors with a 50-point Collector Score bonus for owning three Moments from the collectors’ favorite team.
- The third bonus will give collectors two Collector Score points per dollar spent in the Marketplace on Moments the collector still owns. (Maximum 7,500-point Marketplace Bonus).
- Pack Drops: Wednesday, July 14 starting at 10 AM PDT
- Pack Cost: $79
- Packs Per Collector: 1
- Total Packs: 2,000 available for sale in each Queue*
- Rebound Packs: 0
*An additional 1,500 packs will be reserved for customer service, promotional purposes and community giveaways.
UNIQUE TO THIS DROP
- Chris Paul -- king of the midrange -- toying with the defense with a flashy behind-the-back and turnaround fadeaway combination.
- Trae Young shimmying confidently before drilling a trey in Game 1 en route to 48 points.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo beating his defender off the dribble and finishing acrobatically at the rim.
After the drop, follow closely as we’ll be releasing two heavily-anticipated challenges that will involve some of the most epic Moments from the season:
DeAndre Ayton staking his claim for the Moment of the Year with the “Valley-Oop,” capping off an unbelievable Jae Crowder inbound pass for a buzzer-beating dunk to clinch the victory for Phoenix in Game 2.
Khris Middleton catching fire with a memorable 20-point fourth quarter outburst to help the Bucks steal a close Game 3 in Atlanta, hitting an audacious stepback three over John Collins and the Hawks.