What’s up Top Shot squad!
Welcome to the first NBA Top Shot Community Roundup. This is a new weekly series where we'll keep you updated on the most noteworthy community ideas and insights we've heard this week. This series will also include some responses to FAQs from the community, and highlight some screaming deals we've seen flash across the Top Shot newswire.
We appreciate your feedback (both positive and negative) so please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know what you're thinking. Most of these insights come from members of our Discord server, so if you're not on there yet, what are you waiting for?
Let’s jump into the feedack.
What's Buzzing in the Community:
- PeteSmeet wrote a pair of helpful guides for us. They’re sure to make life easier for newcomers as they get started:
1. Making sense of the Marketplace
2. Ultimate Guide to NBA Top Shot
- Cryptoed, who built the NBA Top Shot Bot on Twitter, also created a helpful YouTube guide about getting started on Top Shot, if reading isn't your thing.
- CryptoSlam, Cryptoed, and Steve have all sourced data from the marketplace and turned it into easy-to-track sales feeds. These keep the community informed on which Moments have been acquired, and for what price. This is sure to be a helpful tool for collectors of all Baller Statuses as the market continues to grow.
Links to those feeds can be found here:
1. CryptoSlam's Transaction Tracker
2. Cryptoed’s Top Shot Bot
3. Steve's Top Shot Sales History Database
- Steve also suggested that collectors should be able to sell collectible Moments in sets, which would give Top Shot collectors the ability to purchase bundled Moments together (e.g. a full "Rookie Debut" set). Sending multiple Moments at once would also make it easier to execute trades. The idea has been passed along to our product team and is being considered for the long-term product road map.
- Alxo recommended an area on the website where Top Shot members would be able to submit product feedback and ideas. also suggested adding digital autographs to collectible Moments. It’s an interesting idea and we’re investigating its feasibility.
- We’ve had members concerned about the quality of some of our highlights in our collectible Moments. Several mentioned that certain Moments cut off before showing an excited team reaction. We hear you loud and clear. Thanks to valued collectors and basketball fans like libruary, we’ve been in talks with the NBA to assess and potentially modify these existing Moments to make them as special as they can be. Our beta is all about working to create the best experience for our community members, and remaining in beta might give us some flexibility to upgrade these video highlights in certain cases. No promises, but we'll see what we can do!
- Anorak has consistently offered some great product feedback and has been helping others along the way. He suggested that gifting should be available to others even if they’ve never purchased a pack. We plan on addressing this soon, but don’t currently have a timeline.
This Week’s FAQs from the Community:
- When will 2FA be released?
We understand how important security is for all of you, and are working hard to bring two-factor authentication to the platform. The feature is currently in QA testing.
- When will NBA Top Shot go public?
On October 1st, 2020, the beta opened! Tell your friends to join.
- Why does it say Top Shot is unavailable in my region?
We’re doing our best to form partnerships all over the world to ensure you’re able to play and collect alongside us regardless of where you live! Unfortunately, there are still some countries left to go.
- When are Ultimate Moment auctions arriving?
Ultimate is the tier above Legendary and we plan to sell those Moments via auction in the future. There is a Genesis set, which is a 1/1 set of each of the first 150 plays that we launched with (5 Moments from each team), and then there’s Platinum Ice which is /3 editions of every play that appears in NBA Top Shot. Those auctions will come down the road once we’re no longer in beta.
- When will we be able to cash out our Dapper Balance to USDC?
We’re working on this with a small testing group. Before this feature goes live, we must work to ensure every possible fraud measure is taken into account before opening it up to the public. We will gradually roll this feature out to more and more users in the coming weeks.
- When/will there be an affiliate program?
Some have been asking for an affiliate program and even suggested ways they could help implement one. An affiliate program is on our radar, but we don't have a timeline for one yet. We'll keep you posted.
Last but not least: Deals, Deals, Deals...
- Chubby_starfish4549 scooped up a So Fresh LeBron #1 for $2,500. Congrats on adding The King to your collection!
- Mbl267 acquired a Cosmic Biyombo for $599, adding the defensive 7-foot stalwart to his collection.
- Props to hbgcards for grabbing the Point God, Chris Paul's, Cosmic Moment for $2,000.
- Sircharles added a Cosmic LeBron for $3,999. Let’s see if LeBron can hold up his end of the bargain now and bring the Lakers a championship.
- And speaking of Cosmic LeBron, two more were picked up by some lucky collectors who wanted to add their new prized Kings to their collection. Austin copped one for $3,750 while rapid_goji_berry2079 acquired the Lakers megastar for $3,800. Sweet snags!
- Pacman landed one of the most coveted Moments available on the Marketplace, acquiring a Giannis Base Dunk #1 for $999
- ballin_like_im_in_the_NBA was able to get their hands on a serial no. 2 Rookie Debut Tyler Herro for $999. Herro has been on fire and has been a major reason why the Heat are in the Finals. The future is bright for this rising star.
That’s all for this week. Have a question for us? Love one of the suggestions a fellow community member made? Let us know on Discord. We're very active there and want to hang with all of you. Stay tuned for more insights from the community coming at you soon.