Duos dominate NBA history, their exploits etched into memories and record books.
When two basketball players connect on the court and build chemistry as teammates, they can unlock something that ignites hope and excitement for an entire fanbase.
Duos capture the feeling of fandom. On those nights when they’re really in a groove, their game creates an energy that jumps off the court, across an arena and through our TV screens with every dribble.
We form relationships with duos — picking favorites, celebrating their achievements as if they’re family and wearing their names on our backs with pride.
We root for them — dishing and swishing, rebounding and astounding, wheeling and dealing, alleying and ooping — in pursuit of greatness as Rising Stars, All-Stars, Playoff contenders, and NBA champions.
Every era and team has their duo. We reminisce about what they’ve done and fantasize about what they may do.
It’s time to celebrate 30 of the most memorable and beloved NBA duos from 2009 to 2022 — 60 total players responsible for:
- The first-ever Team Moments as Top Shot Debuts
- The first-ever Leaderboard Rewards
- The first-ever Highlight Reel Moments, containing multiple highlights to elevate the story of their chemistry on the court
We’ve worked with our partners at the NBA to capture their greatness as Highlight Reels. Each Moment features three highlights from one dominant game in the duos’ past.
Only 750 of each will exist, and they’re being delivered over the coming weeks as rewards to collectors on NBA Top Shot who climbed Team Leaderboards by locking Moments from their collection before 12:12pm ET on September 16, 2022.
The distribution of each Highlight Reel Moment will work in this manner:
- Dynamic Duos will be released in batches of 5 teams – every Wednesday and Friday – starting Friday, October 7, and concluding Wednesday, October 26
- One batch of teams will be released at a time (ex. starting with Cavaliers, Celtics, Bucks, Wizards, Hawks)
- Moments will be delivered in descending order for spots 1-3 on the Team Leaderboards (ex. No. 1 on the Leaderboard will receive Serial No. 1)
- Moments will randomly be delivered for spots 4-750 on the Team Leaderboards (ex. if you're No. 233 on the Leaderboard, you could receive any Serial No. between 4-750)
So who are the duos representing each NBA team, and when can their fans and collectors expect to receive these new Moments?
Everything you need to know – dates, duos, teams – involving the release of “Dynamic Duos,” is included below in this poster.
The release dates for each Dynamic Duo are below:
- Friday, October 7, 2022 – Cleveland Cavaliers, Boston Celtics, Milwaukee Bucks Washington Wizards, Atlanta Hawks
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022 – Oklahoma City Thunder, Dallas Mavericks, Phoenix Suns, Portland Trail Blazers, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Friday, October 14, 2022 – Toronto Raptors, Miami Heat, Detroit Pistons, Charlotte Hornets, Chicago Bulls
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022 – Memphis Grizzlies, Golden State Warriors, Denver Nuggets, San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets
- Friday, October 21, 2022 – Indiana Pacers, Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks, Orlando Magic, Philadelphia 76ers
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022 – Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Pelicans, Utah Jazz, Sacramento Kings, Los Angeles Clippers
Congratulations to everyone who met the mark for these special new Highlight Reel Moments.
Miss the cut? Keep your eyes on the Marketplace for your chance to grab one from another collector, and lock your Moments to Team and Player Leaderboards to become eligible for future Leaderboard Rewards.
Dynamic Duos FAQ
Where can I find my Dynamic Duos Moments?
For collectors in the top 3 spots of each team leaderboard, your Moment will be gifted directly into your account and direct communication will follow once delivered.
For collectors who finished 4 - 750, your Moments will be delivered like any other reward as a pack in your pack inventory with communication to follow once complete.
Why are rewards being distributed in batches?
These Moments are truly special as they mark a brand new type of Moment with some very special players included. We want to distribute in a manner that allows each group to be properly celebrated and have their time within collections to be admired. We want collectors to be excited about when their day is here to enjoy their Moments.
Can Dynamic Duos be locked? If so, will their TSS apply to Team Leaderboards?
Yes, they can be locked. As team attributed Moments, their TSS will apply only to the corresponding Team Leaderboard.
Will Dynamic Duos be required for Checklists?
No, as team attributed Moments, they will not be required for Team Checklists which capture every player to play on a given team.
Will further Moments be added to the Dynamic Duos set?
No. This set, once fully distributed, will be a closed set for Series 4.
Can one Dynamic Duo satisfy the Checklist requirement for two unique players?
No. As team attributed Moments, these Moments will not satisfy a Team Checklist requirement for any player.
Will Dynamic Duos have jersey match indicators?
No. Team attributed Moments will not feature any jersey match indicators.