The legends are true.
After a two-month break, dedicated NBA Top Shot collectors will get their chance to snag a legendary pack. This Monday, April 12 at 1 PM PDT, Holo Icon packs are back, dropping for just the second time in Series 2. This is a unique opportunity to snag ultra rare Moments, with one legendary Holo Icon and three rare Metallic Gold LEs guaranteed in every pack.
Holo Icon Drop 1 inspired a wave of updates to the NBA Top Shot drop process and we have introduced additional measures for Drop 2 as well. In order to ensure that these coveted packs end up in the hands of dedicated collectors, this drop will only be available to select accounts that met specific requirements as of Sunday, April 11 at 3 PM PDT.
- Qualifying collectors must have met at least one of the following criteria:
- Collector held at least 15 Moments at time of snapshot OR
- Collector held at least two rare Moments at time of snapshot OR
- Collector held at least one legendary Moment at time of snapshot
- Qualifying collectors must maintain their eligibility through to the drop itself.
In addition, collectors who had spent at least $999 in the NBA Top Shot Marketplace - excluding pack purchases - and held at least one Moment at the time of the snapshot will also be eligible for this drop.
Eligible collectors must continue to meet the criteria through to their purchase of the pack.
In our continued efforts to reward collectors, we will continue to take snapshots of collectors’ accounts periodically throughout the NBA calendar. Holding a dynamic collection in perpetuity will continue to be a reliable way to gain access to coveted drops.
Only 2,423 Holo Icon packs will be available in this scarce drop but tens of thousands of other collectors will still have a chance to score.
Introducing Rebound Packs
Collectors that don't manage to get their hands on the Holo Icon pack may still be able to grab a Base Set pack from Series 2, so be sure to stick around the queue even if it looks like you won't be among the luckiest 2,423.
No action is required by collectors, simply remain in the Holo Icon queue after those packs sell out and you'll be automatically re-directed to snag a Base Set pack when it's your time to purchase.
Unique to this Drop
Some of the Moments you can snag in the latest Holo Icon pack include:
- Collin Sexton of the Cleveland Cavaliers cutting into the paint and absolutely crushing one on the Miami Heat.
- Terry Rozier of the Charlotte Hornets sprinting into the corner to put up a game-winning jumper against the Golden State Warriors.
- Jayson Tatum of the Boston Celtics attacking baseline for a creative up-and-under layup against the Chicago Bulls.
- Pack cost: $999
- 10 Moments per pack.
- Dropping: 1 PM PDT, Monday, April 12
- Guaranteed one Holo Icon Moment, each numbered to 99
- Guaranteed three Metallic Gold LE Moments, each numbered to 499
And as always, if there's a particular Moment you need to complete your set, you can hit the Marketplace to see what your fellow collectors are offering up. There's always a value play to make over there.
- If for any reason you have multiple accounts eligible for the drop and you enter the queue on more than one account, all your accounts may be frozen and investigated for violating our Terms of Service.
- A total of 2,423 packs will be made available to collectors in this drop. An additional 250 packs will be withheld for giveaways, customer service and community purposes.
- Collectors will have ten minutes to purchase a pack when it is their turn in the queue and are not required to add funds to their Dapper Balance ahead of time.
- We've learned of recent issues involving certain collectors having their transactions blocked by their financial institutions. If concerned, please contact your bank in advance to make sure your purchases will be approved.
Not all collectors will have the good fortune to snag a legendary pack in the Holo Icon drop but there's still plenty to do with your NBA Top Shot collection. This month, collectors new and experienced alike will have the chance to participate in a Showcase Contest. Get started on yours today for the chance to pocket, yes, a legendary Holo Icon pack, a rare Rising Stars pack or an Early Adopters common pack from Series 1.
What Else Is Going On at NBA Top Shot?
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel where you can find up-to-date and informational content. This includes coverage of NBA Top Shot, podcasts, pack break openings and timestamped recordings of our bi-weekly Discord Office Hours.
- There are currently two active challenges - Holo Icon Challenge 3 and Metallic Gold LE Challenge 22 - where you can earn exclusive rewards and add to your collection. Remember, do not feel obligated to complete every single challenge. We shared some insight and gave the community an update on concurrent challenges running. Also, do not wait until the last few minutes to try to complete a challenge. We are unable to help you if technical issues inhibit your ability to complete the challenge in the minutes before the timer expires.
- Lastly, here's a reminder to follow our new Twitter account @topshot_updates. Give us a follow to be in the know for all important updates and announcements.