New to NBA Top Shot? We’re hosting a live break event this Monday, Nov 23, 2020 at 5pm PST, and you’re invited to join us! It’ll be a great opportunity to win some free Moments and also meet the community.
What is a live break?
Live breaks are events organized by the community with the support from NBA Top Shot. In this event, we will be opening up to 10 NBA Top Shot packs together with 9 other collectors. Each Moment discovered within a pack will be awarded to a collector within the break (see rules below). To participate you will need to own at least 1 Moment or have bought 1 pack on nbatopshot.com. If you haven’t already started your collection, there are Moments in the Marketplace selling for as little as $1.00 USD
Where will the live break happen?
We will be hosting the event within the NBA Top Shot Discord. Be sure to be online during the live break. If you’re not there, your seat might be claimed by another user on our waitlist. If you’re not on Discord already, it’s completely free to sign up and join, and it’s the best place to meet other collectors and get the latest scoops on all things NBA Top Shot.
How does a live break work?
Before joining the live break event you will NEED to do the following:
1. Sign up for the live break event here
2. Own at least one NBA Top Shot Moment or have bought a pack
3. Join the Discord
You will be randomly grouped up with 9 other new players (don’t worry everyone is super friendly). Within the group of 10, you will be randomly assigned a number between 0 and 9. This number will correspond with the Moments you’ll receive. There will be a total of 21 Moments that will be revealed during the event; 5 Got Game common packs and 1 rare Premium Pack. Each Moment will have a serial number tied to it. The last digit of the serial number will be the number you’ll be looking for.
- You’ve been assigned #4
- A moment is revealed with the serial number #3244
- That would be your Moment to claim!
- If the serial number is #3240, it would be claimed by another player who has #0
All of the Moments that match your number will be gifted to your collection once the event is over. Again, these Moments will be gifted for free. You must ensure that you’ve taken care of the three simple requirements above, otherwise you will forfeit the Moments you’ve earned.
- Existing NBA Top Shot collectors who own more than 20 Moments won’t be eligible for this live break event, please feel free to tune in and add commentary, but we ask that you leave these spots for new collectors!
- You must own at least 1 Moment or have bought a pack before Nov 22, 2020 to be eligible for the live break event.
- The Moments you win during the live break will be sent to your profile within 48 hours of the event. If there is a delay, we will be sure to communicate it.
You need to be on the Discord livestream with audio or video turned on to be able to receive the Moments. Look out for the #live-breaks channel within the NBA Top Shot Discord server. Again, you must show up to the event to receive free Moments.