As January 2023 comes to a close, it’s time to celebrate the Top Shot Top 10 for the week of January 22-28 and reflect on some of the best performances of the month. As a refresher, the Top Shot Top 10 is a weekly celebration of basketball excellence, shining a spotlight on impressive individual performances coming in wins each week.
- Week 1 saw Donovan Mitchell’s 71-point career-high, a 55-piece from Giannis, 54 from Klay, and 49 from Lauri.
- Week 2 saw Luka’s double OT thriller over the Lakers, a historic 15/15/15 game by Domantas Sabonis, and free-throw-making history by Jimmy Butler and the Miami Heat.
- Week 3 saw Jayson Tatum reinforce his #NBATopShot50 selection with a 51-point MLK Day display, a season-high 48 points from LeBron, and 44 from Anthony Edwards.
Here's a look at 10 of the best performances around the NBA.
10. Precious Achiuwa: On January 28, the backup big-man found his way into the Rivals Week starting lineup, and filled up the stat sheet with a career-high 27 points in the process, along with 13 rebounds, as the Toronto Raptors' leading scorer in a 123-105 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers.
9. Thomas Bryant, On January 22, the big man played big from everywhere, hitting four threes, shooting 100% from the free throw line, and grabbing 14 rebounds to pair with a career-high 31-points as part of a 121-112 comeback victory for the Los Angeles Lakers over the Portland Trail Blazers.
8. Chris Paul: On January 28, CP3 summoned a vintage Point God performance, scoring a season-high 31-points, paired with 11 assists and 7 rebounds, in a 128-118 OT victory for the Phoenix Suns over the San Antonio Spurs. It’s the most points CP3 has scored in a regular season game since February 1, 2021.
7. Steph Curry: On January 27, the Golden State Warriors defeated the Toronto Raptors 129-117, led by Steph’s 35 points, 11 assists, and 7 rebounds, as Friday’s Rivals Week nightcap rekindled an iconic NBA Finals matchup.
6. Julius Randle: On January 26, the New York Knicks visited the Boston Celtics for a Rivals Week duel, defeating the Eastern Conference leaders in a nail-biting 120-117 game led by Julius Randle’s game-leading 37-points and 9 rebounds, including 5 in OT.
5. Spencer Dinwiddie: On January 26, the Dallas Mavericks defeated the Phoenix Suns 99-95 in a Rivals Week duel, powered by a 36-point, 9 assist, and 6 rebound game from Dinwiddie, who did it all and stepped up big after Luka left the game early in the first quarter.
4. Kyrie Irving: On January 22, Kyrie conjured some magic in The Bay (again), leading the Brooklyn Nets to a 120-116 victory over the Golden State Warriors with a 38-point shooting display that led the game in scoring.
3. Jalen Green: On January 23, the second-year shooting guard scored a career-high 42 points to help the Houston Rockets defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 119-114 and end a 13-game losing streak.
2. Joel Embiid: On January 28, Philly’s favorite for MVP went deep into his bag of tricks for a head-to-head Rivals Week matchup against the back-to-back reigning MVP, Nikola Jokić, posting up and throwing it down to the tune of 47 points, 18 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks in a big 126-119 win. This monster performance comes in Embiid’s first game after it was revealed that he was not named an NBA All-Star starter.
1. Damian Lillard: On January 25, with Portland Trail Blazers fans in the arena able to redeem a free NBA Top Shot digital collectible celebrating Dame’s greatness, the man of the hour let it rip — scoring 60 points in a win, along with 7 rebounds, 8 assists, and 3 steals.
To earn new Moments from some of the NBA Rivals Week action, complete a Challenge today.