Sports and the holidays are a classic combo, and this year, ripping NBA Top Shot packs will become a new part of a timeless tradition.
As you spend time with your family and friends, you’ll also have the chance to spend your Thanksgiving with Jayson Tatum, Scottie Barnes, Donovan Mitchell, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Trae Young, and other stars, Rookie Debuts, and fan favorites.
We’re thankful for their massive dunks, game winning shots, dazzling handles and jaw-dropping performances, but we’re even more thankful for our amazing and passionate community of fans around the world.
Whether you’re watching the NBA from the comfort of your couch or the nosebleeds of an arena, you’ll have the chance to rip open new single-collectible packs that bring the best of the court to your collection at Black Friday worthy prices, along with star-studded packs filled with 6 Moments, including a guaranteed Rare collectible.
Here’s a look at our Top Shot Thanksgiving Calendar.
The Day Before Thanksgiving Drop
(Available Now, In Your Collection Wednesday)
We’re taking the thrill of ripping a pack to a new level with Black Friday worthy $3 single Moment Hot Packs.
At the most accessible price ever for a Top Shot pack, each is filled with one Moment that could be a Rare, Rookie Debut, Parallel Base Set or Common Moment inside.
Depending on your Top Shot Score, you can purchase anywhere from 1 to 30 single Moment packs.
The drop is live now (join here), and all of these packs will be delivered to collectors on Wednesday, November 23, so you can rip and share the fun with friends and family — and hopefully pull a Moment to be thankful for.
To make the most of the holiday season and spread the love, share Top Shot with a friend, get your $15 referral bonus, and go to town on these packs together.
The Black Friday Drop
(Available Now, In Your Collection Friday)
Collect Rare Moments from our Throwdowns and For The Win sets, capturing the best dunks and game-winning shots of the year so far, available in convenient and accessible Elite Packs for $59 each.
3,625 total Rare packs will be available, with collectors being able to purchase between 1 and 3 depending on their Top Shot Score.
Each pack will contain 6 total Moments, including 1 guaranteed Rare Moment, 2 Parallels, 2 Base Set and the chance at a Rookie Debut or Spotlight Series Moment, so you can rip something exciting to offset the tryptophan after a big family feast.
The drop is live now (join here), and all of these packs will be delivered to collectors on Friday, November 25, so you can rip after recovering from a big Thanksgiving meal.
Two New Challenges Live Now: Passing and Dishing All Week Long
Starting today (November 21) at 1pm ET and ending at 4pm ET on Tuesday, November 22, you’ll have the opportunity to earn the first Luka Dončić Moment of Series 4.
At 1pm ET on Wednesday, November 23, a weekend challenge will go live that features a new Moment of Obi Toppin passing the turkey to RJ Barrett, ending on Tuesday, November 29 at 4pm ET.
Pack Drop Guide
Here’s a look at the players and Moments coming soon across these two drops.
For The Win: Game Winning Shots (777 each)
Returning to Top Shot is a Series One classic that celebrates the biggest and most clutch game-winning plays across the NBA. From beyond the arc and inside the paint, with seconds left on the clock, these NBA players are taking their shot For The Win.
- Anfernee Simons hits the first of Portland’s early-season game winners. He breaks the tie with a hook shot with 7 seconds left in overtime.
- Josh Hart answers a game-tying Max Strus three with a buzzer beating game-winner in the corner to continue Portland’s hot streak and clutch shot making.
Throwdowns: The Best Dunks (888 each)
An annual Top Shot Tradition returns this Thanksgiving, celebrating the biggest and loudest dunks in the NBA. Every year, Throwdowns gives shine to the gravity-defying jams that make fans jump out of their seats. Start your collection of this year's best dunks by joining this week's drops.
- Jayson Tatum throws down a violent poster dunk that also doubles as a clutch bucket. This full-speed jam on Jarrett Allen forced overtime.
- Donovan Mitchell jumps right into Luke Kornet, absorbs the contact then lays out a hammer dunk. He also dropped 41 points in the game.
- Scottie Barnes rocks defender to sleep then haymakers a poster dunk on a help-side defender.
- Talen Horton-Tucker trails in transition then unleashes an epic dunk on his former team.
Rookie Debut: Debut Year, Debut Game (4000 each)
Nothing beats that first appearance under the bright lights. This Common Set captures and immortalizes the thrill of NBA rookies making the first regular season appearances of their careers. By nature of their historical significance, each Moment within contains NBA Top Shot's sought after Rookie Premiere, Rookie Mint and Rookie Year Badges.
- Jeremy Sochan has already emerged as a do-it-all swiss army knife for the San Antonio Spurs. With comparisons to a young Shawn Marion, Sochan figures to be an elite defender and versatile playmaker for years to come.
- Christian Koloko has been one of the bright spots taken in the second-round. He’s earned his way into the Raptors rotation already.
Spotlight Series: Limited Edition Commons (5555 each)
As rich in narrative as any professional sports league, the NBA is destined to shine in the spotlight. This Common Set leans into the storytelling threads that emerge organically throughout the NBA season, celebrating triumphs and pertinent developments from high-impact players on each of the league's 30 rosters.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has taken his game to the next level, and he’s entering superstar territory. His offensive game is vastly improved but so is his defense. He’s by far the best shot blocking guard in the league.
- Bones Hyland is playing similar minutes to his rookie season but is shooting and scoring at a higher clip (up to 14.7 from 10.1). He’s thriving as an elite threat off the bench.
- Bol Bol has been a sensation in his fourth year in the league. In this Moment, he’s showing the tantalizing skillset that made him such an intriguing prospect.
Base Set: The Core Collectible Set (8000 each)
The Base Set in Series 4 is a comprehensive overview of the players that made their mark on the 2022-23 NBA Season. Featuring one Moment per player for stars and role players alike, this Common Set was made to be collected by the biggest of NBA fans.
- Trae Young has been his usual prolific self in 2022-23, despite the addition of Dejounte Murray. Here he hits Clint Capela with a nice no-look dime in a 36 & 12 game.
- Kevin Love is a stabilizing veteran presence off the bench for a conference contender Cavs team. In this game he erupted for 29, hitting five threes in a fourth quarter comeback.
- Alperen Şengün was an intriguing rookie last year but he’s taken his game to a new level in slightly more minutes. He’s scoring more efficiently and his numbers are way up (up to 15.9 & 8.5 from 9.6 & 5.5).
- Tyrese Haliburton has flourished in his first full season with the Pacers and has been a legitimate franchise player. This yo-yo dribble turned heads on opening day.
- Matt Ryan played a single game for the Celtics last year, so he’s not technically a rookie, but for all intents and purposes he’s viewed as a newcomer. Here he hits a buzzer-beating three to send the game to OT (they won) in his Top Shot Debut.
- Jaylen Nowell is a rotation piece on a Wolves team that wants to make a push in the West. In this Moment he throws down a fun two-handed dunk through traffic and drops 23 points.
- Trey Murphy III has seen a much larger role in his second season, he’s playing twice as much and has increased his production and efficiency accordingly (up to 12.1 from 5.4).
- Keldon Johnson is thriving with new responsibilities in San Antonio. His offense is much improved and he’s No. 2 in the NBA in three-pointers, as captured by his first Moment from beyond the arc on Top Shot.
Parallels (From /500 to /4000)
Parallels are limited edition special insert Moments that function as sub-editions within the Base Set. Featuring the same incredible highlights as the Base Set, these Parallel inserts set themselves apart with custom artwork and scarcer limited edition mints. All Base Set Parallels are Common Moments. They belong to the Base Set and have all the standard functionality of the Base Set, such as completing a set or utility in a Challenge. Here's a look at every Parallel dropping this week:
- Explosion: Kevin Love (/500), Anthony Davis (/500), Trey Murphy III (/500), Will Barton (/500), Jalen Smith (/500)
- Torn: Nick Richards (/1000), Tyrese Haliburton (/1000), Matt Ryan (/1000), Royce O'Neale (/1000), Kristaps Porziņģis (/1000)
- Vortex: Cam Reddish (/2500), Alperen Şengün (/2500), Damian Lillard (/2500), Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (/2500), Wesley Matthews (/2500)
- Rippled: Grant Williams (/4000), Goga Bitadze (/4000), Damion Lee (/4000), Keldon Johnson (/4000), Paul George (/4000)
Throughout the Thanksgiving week and weekend, we hope you enjoy Top Shot’s Pack Drops, Challenges and all the NBA action surrounding them. We’re thankful to have you in our community.