On Wednesday, June 1, Top Shot will debut the WNBA Base Set: Release 1 from Series 4, which tips off a season-long celebration of the WNBA in real-time. That means the best highlights from The W — ones so special they make you jump out of your seat — will be available in pack releases, Challenge Rewards and the Marketplace shortly after you see them happen on TV or at an arena.
This flagship WNBA Base Set drop is for everyone, from fans dipping their toes into the beauty of the WNBA to longtime devotees of The W.
When you rip your first WNBA Base Set pack, don’t be surprised to see Top Shot debuts, rookies, All-Stars and downright legends. Let’s get down to the details:
- Series 4 WNBA Base Set: Release 1 packs will include 3 new Common Moments for $9.
- Three star rookie Debut Moments from the 2022 WNBA Base Set will have a mint count of 4,000. Non-rookie Top Shot Debut Moments will have a 6,000 mint count and all other Moments will have a 8,000 mint count.
- The WNBA Base Set pack drop General Queue is at 3pm EDT (12pm PDT). As always, the Waiting Room for these drops will open one hour before the Queue.
- There will be 17,500 total packs of the WNBA Base Set available for purchase during the pack drop.
- Collectors with a 0 Top Shot Score are able to purchase 1 pack per transaction, those with a 10,000+ Top Shot Score can purchase 2 packs per transaction, and finally, anyone with a 25,000+ Top Shot Score can purchase 3 packs per transaction. All parties may rejoin the Queue to purchase additional packs while supplies last.
- Holders of a complete WNBA: Best of 2021 (Summer 2021) set when the snapshot was taken at 11am PDT on May 26, 2022 will receive a 1 pack airdrop of WNBA Base Set: Release 1.
- The WNBA Base Set Roster from this drop includes names such as Erica Wheeler, Courtney Vandersloot, Jasmine Thomas, Allisha Gray, Chiney Ogwumike, A’ja Wilson, Sylvia Fowles, Shey Peddy, Gabby Williams and more.
Mark June 1 on the calendar and join us for the first WNBA base set drop capturing the best highlights from the 2022 WNBA season.
*This blog post was updated at 2:12pm ET on May 31 to reflect a reduction in total packs available from 25,000 to 17,500