NBA Top Shot - Code of Conduct
The purpose of this document is to provide a general overview of best practices for buying, selling, and trading in the NBA Top Shot community. This is a living document that is intended to help everyone get the most out of Top Shot, and will be updated continuously as new community feedback is submitted.
- First and foremost, we strongly urge collectors to transact inside of the Marketplace for safety and simplicity. The Dapper Labs team can’t help you if you transact outside of the Marketplace.
- Bot usage on NBA Top Shot is strictly prohibited. Using a bot to game the pack drop system or Marketplace to get an unfair advantage in the game is forbidden, and will result in harsh penalties (which may include suspending or cancelling your accounts, and confiscating moments that were acquired in this way). This prohibition extends to players who buy Moments, packs, or accounts from collectors who leveraged bots in order to obtain them.
- As of February 2, 2021, owning multiple NBA Top Shot accounts is no longer allowed. When users have more than one account, it creates an uneven playing field within the community, and significantly increases the time it takes to process withdrawal requests. Withdrawals are processed on a per-customer basis, not per account. You can read more about the withdrawal process here. You can read more about our stance on multiple accounts here.
- The selling of Dapper Credits is strictly prohibited. If you buy or sell Dapper Credits from other collectors, you will NOT have the support of the Dapper Labs team in instances where deals go awry. This could also lead to account suspension.
- NBA Top Shot is a platform for collectors 18 and older. Minors are not allowed to own an account on NBA Top Shot.