Winter is coming, and as the seasons change and temperatures drop, we’re here to help NBA fans warm up as they gear up for December’s holidays.
The question for collectors looking forward to Top Shot’s next pack drop is this – will you unwrap a piece of the NBA’s present or past?
THE BOX SCORE: COMING UP ON NBA TOP SHOT
As the NBA season unfolds, we’re bringing the best of the court to your collection — from the 2022-23 NBA season, along with our inaugural 2019-20 NBA season — in two unique pack drops.
- Headlining this week’s Hot Pack drop are two Video Game Number worthy performances and Rare new collectibles from Luka Dončić and Anthony Davis — each stuffing the stat sheet with an epic display of their skills in first of their kind highlight Reel Moments.
- But that’s not all! The Rookie Debut of Detroit Pistons #5 overall pick Jaden Ivey and new additions to the Series 4 Spotlight Series and Base Set collections — including Kevin Durant, Jaylen Brown and Zion Williamson, will all be available too.
- These star and rookie Moments will be available in $20 packs with six total Moments inside, from now until 3pm ET on Thursday, December 8, 2022.
- To help build a fire hot enough to keep all our collectors warm, we’re introducing a new twist to our Locker Room that’ll spark anyone’s interest. Any Moment in your collection can now be burned for one Trade Ticket, and a new Burning Leaderboard is live now (for a limited time) to track the collectors who burn the most Moments. There's no prize for where you rank on the Burning Leaderboard, it's just a new way to track burning among the community.
- Those Trade Tickets can be used to purchase new Locker Packs on Thursday, December 8, 2022 (4 Trade Tickets per pack, 5 packs per transaction) star-studded with Series 1 Base Set Moments (and Series 2 + Series 3 Base Set) that help tell the story of how the stars and core players in our Hot Pack drop became the talents they are today.
- You can listen to the story behind every Moment, and how they're part of the NBA season, on the NBA Top Shot podcast (Apple and Spotify).
- You can find a list of every Moment coming in our Hot Pack drop here and Locker Pack drop here.
Get your Hot Packs today, and prepare for Series One Locker Packs by burning any Moments from your collection in exchange for Trade Tickets that can be used to try and land a Series 1 grail.
UNWRAPPING HOT PACKS
Series 4 Hot Packs, available now for $20 and containing six Moments:
- 1 Rookie Debut or Spotlight Series Moment: including Jaden Ivey, Marjon Beauchamp, David Roddy, Kevin Durant, Caris Levert, Lonnie Walker IV, Julius Randle or Kevin Huerter.
- 1 Video Game Numbers Moment or Base Set Moment: including Luka Dončić or Anthony Davis as the two Rare VGN Moments, and 22 new Moments arriving in the Base Set.
- 4 Base Set or Parallels Moments: including “Explosion” Parallels from Trae Young, Brook Lopez and Santi Aldama, “Torn” Parallels from Jaylen Nowell and Kelly Olynyk, “Vortex” Parallels from Michael Porter Jr. or Jarred Vanderbilt, and “Rippled” Parallels from Andrew Wiggins.
- 36,500 packs are available now for $20 each: depending on your Top Shot Score, you can purchase anywhere from 1 to 15 packs.
Unwrapping the new Base Set Moments: This week, we’re welcoming the following players to the Base Set collection — Zion Williamson, Jaylen Brown, Fred VanVleet, Deandre Ayton, John Collins, Yuta Watanabe, Dennis Smith Jr., Goran Dragić, Josh Green, Christian Braun (Top Shot Debut), Norman Powell, Kyle Lowry, Jevon Carter, D'Angelo Russell, Jose Alvarado, Darius Bazley, Mo Bamba, Georges Niang, Shake Milton, Jerami Grant, Dalano Banton and Rui Hachimura.
UNWRAPPING LOCKER PACKS
Series 1 Locker Packs, available for 4 Trade Tickets and containing 3 Moments, starting on December 8, 2022 and until they’re sold out:
- 50,000 total Locker Packs, with 500 total Series 1 Moments inside.
- In the past, the Moments you send to the Locker Room in exchange for a Trade Ticket would be stored in the Locker Room. Starting today, the Moments you send to the Locker Room will be burned, and in exchange, you will still receive a Trade Ticket. Any 1 Moment can be burned for 1 Trade Ticket.
- The small chance at Series 1 Moments from LeBron James, Joel Embiid, Kyrie Irving, Trae Young, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Ja Morant, Damian Lillard, Fred VanVleet, Vince Carter, Anthony Davis, Zion Williamson, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Jaylen Brown, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Jayson Tatum, James Harden, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard and countless other players from our historic inaugural season.
- Each pack contains 3 Moments, with a 1% chance of pulling a Series 1 Base Set Moment alongside one Series 2 Base Set Moment and one Series 3 Base Set Moment, or a 99% chance of pulling two Series 3 Base Set Moments and one Series 2 Base Set Moment.
THE PLAY-BY-PLAY: GROWING YOUR COLLECTION ON NBA TOP SHOT
When Luka Dončić entered the NBA as a 19-year-old, Dallas Mavericks fans had high hopes he’d become the new face of the franchise — and winning Rookie of the Year was definitely a sign of things to come. It wasn’t until August 23, 2020, in the heat of the NBA’s Bubble, that the young star made his first Playoffs appearance and made his mark on the league in an iconic game-winning three-pointer against the LA Clippers.
That Moment is commemorated and celebrated in a collectible from Series 1, and 5 of them will be available in our next Locker Packs release on December 8, 2022. The stat line from that game — 43 points, 17 rebounds and 13 assists — is a reflection of the player he is today.
Luka is leading the NBA in points per game, a leading MVP candidate, and a lock for the Top Shot 50.
He’s regularly putting up Video Game Number triple-double stat lines with ease, captured as the first-ever Video Game Numbers Moment on NBA Top Shot, and available in our $20 Hot Packs release, now available.
The player whose name and career will be forever linked to Luka Dončić is Trae Young, and this week’s drop will find his Base Set Series 4 Parallel along with his Series 1 Top Shot Debut Moment available in packs.
When it comes to rookies — Series 1 saw the arrival of Zion Williamson, Ja Morant, RJ Barrett, Darius Garland, Tyler Herro and other staples of the NBA today. The tradition of creating limited edition collectibles from a rookie’s first season and first game has continued each year. This week, a gorgeous Jaden Ivey dime from his Detroit Pistons debut will headline a trio of new Rookie Debut Moments available in Hot Packs.
Other Series 1 Moments from Jaylen Brown, Zion Williamson, Anthony Davis, Julius Randle, Fred VanVleet, Jerami Grant, Deandre Ayton and other staples of the NBA will be available for collectors, so you can pair the past and the present and build a collection that captures who your favorite NBA players are on the court from 2019 to 2022.
It’s a pack drop like no other, with two amazing opportunities to grow your collection. Get yours today.