With NBA and WNBA Crafting Challenges turning up the heat this summer, we're digging into the data behind these challenges to see how they're impacting the world of Top Shot. Join us for a Twitter Spaces chat about these challenges at 8pm ET on Tuesday, August 9.
Each episode is posted to the NBA Top Shot Podcast, linked below.
In every Top Shot Crafting Challenge, collectors permanently burn and destroy a number of required Moments to craft a single new reward Moment. To participate in a challenge, visit our Challenge HQ. In the process of each Crafting Challenge:
- Existing Moments that are part of the challenge requirements become more scarce.
- New Rewards are crafted that always reduce the overall supply of Moments on Top Shot.
With hours remaining in the LeBron James Los Angeles Lakers Squad Goals and Immanuel Quickley New York Knicks Squad Goals challenges, here's a snapshot of what the numbers look like at 8:30am ET. We've noticed a surge in challenge completions in the final hour on the final day of each Squad Goals challenge, so expect these to change.
LeBron James Los Angeles Lakers Squad Goals
- 485 Challenge Completions, 2425 total Moments burned: For every 1 new Rare LeBron James Moment created, 5 Top Shot Moments have been permanently removed and destroyed.
- 79% of all Moments burned in this challenge are LeBron James Moments.
- 847 Common Base Set Series 3 LeBron James Moments and 569 Base Set Series 2 LeBron James Moments have been burned in pursuit of this Crafting Challenge Reward.
- 362 Rare LeBron James All-Star Game Moments (Series 2 + Series 3) have been burned.
- 5 Rare LeBron James Moments with a double digit serial number have been burned, including #36 2022 All-Star Game (Series 3), #41 Throwdowns (Series 3), #44 2022 All-Star Game (Series 3), #94 Throwdowns (Series 3) and #95 2022 All-Star Game (Series 3).
Immanuel Quickley New York Knicks Squad Goals
- 351 Challenge Completions, 3861 total Moments burned: For every 1 new Rare Immanuel Quickley Moment created, 11 Top Shot Moments have been permanently removed and destroyed.
- The 5 most burned Moments belong to Immanuel Quickley (991), Obi Toppin (835), Derrick Rose (608), Julius Randle (319) and RJ Barrett (275).
- The 5 most frequently burned Sets are Moments from Base Set (Series 2), Base Set (Series 3), Metallic Silver FE (Series 3), Metallic Gold LE (Series 3) and Archive Set (Summer 2021).
- 17 double digit serial number Knicks Moments have been burned.
General Crafting Challenge Stats
- Over 168,270 Moments have been burned in the process of crafting new NBA Top Shot and WNBA Top Shot Challenge Rewards: 123,667 Commons, 22,585 Fandom and 22,019 Rare.
- With 660 Moments crafted, LaMelo Ball's Squad Goals Challenge Reward is now the most completed challenge in this set.
- With 301 Moments crafted, Blake Griffin's Squad Goals Challenge Reward remains the least completed challenge in this set.
- The 5 Sets with the most burned Moments are WNBA: Best of 2021 (30,322 Moments), Series 3 Base Set (27,452 Moments), Series 2 Base Set (21,884 Moments), WNBA Base Set (18,933 Moments) and WNBA Archive Set 2008 (8,664).
- The 5 Players used most often to craft new Challenge Rewards have been Dwyane Wade Vintage Vibes (8,500 Moments), Jalen Green Rim Shakers (4,957 Moments), A'ja Wilson WNBA 2021 (2,274 Moments), Sylvia Fowles WNBA Base Set (2,062 Moments) and Donovan Mitchell Base Set Series 3 Three Pointer (2,017 Moments).
We're in the final stretch of Squad Goals Crafting Challenges, with fewer than 10 remaining. The upcoming rewards include Khris Middleton, Lu Dort, Joel Embiid, Keldon Johnson, Isaac Okoro, Devin Booker, Pascal Siakam and Nikola Jokić.
Shop for existing Squad Goals Moments in the Marketplace today. While we pay tribute to each team, check out our Hidden Gems series for some of our favorite under the radar Moments for every NBA franchise.