The WNBA All-Star Game is in the books, with all eyes ahead on tonight's Commissioner’s Cup, the end of the regular season and what figures to be an exciting playoffs. As we eagerly await the outcome of this thrilling season, a new way to show-off your WNBA Top Shot collection has arrived.
Team Leaderboards were introduced to the Top Shot collector experience on July 15, 2022, giving our community the opportunity to lock Moments from their account for 365 days — climbing Leaderboards associated with their favorite teams and players (based on Top Shot Score of the Moments locked) in the process, and earning rewards depending on their rank.
Today, WNBA Team Leaderboards are live, extending that same opportunity and commitment of fandom to lovers and collectors of the W, giving everyone new ways to get into the game.
Join pack drops to collect new Moments from the WNBA season. You can use those Moments to complete Challenges and unlock new Challenge Rewards, and lock your Moments on Team Leaderboards to earn exclusive Leaderboard Rewards over the course of a year.
To climb the WNBA Top Shot Team Leaderboards for the Chicago Sky, Las Vegas Aces, Connecticut Sun, Seattle Storm, Washington Mystics, Los Angeles Sparks, Dallas Wings, Atlanta Dream, Phoenix Mercury, New York Liberty, Minnesota Lynx and Indiana Fever, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Visit https://nbatopshot.com/leaderboards to begin
- Select “Lock Moments” to pick directly from your collection, or pick any WNBA team that you want to Lock Moments from.
- Select anywhere from 1 to 100 Moments to lock at a time. When you lock a Moment, it will remain locked for at least 365 days. You can still use these Moments to participate in select Challenges (except when consumed via Crafting Challenge). While your WNBA Moments are locked, you will earn 1 point on the corresponding Leaderboard for every point of Top Shot Score tied to that Moment. It’s important to note that a locked Moment cannot be sold, gifted, transferred, traded-in or consumed via Crafting.
- WNBA Leaderboard participants will be eligible to earn at least 2 rewards per team, before the start of next WNBA season. The first WNBA Team Leaderboard Reward will be a new WNBA Squad Goals Moment, distributed to the Top 150 ranking participants of each Team’s Leaderboard at a yet-to-be-determined date before October 31, 2022.
Please note: WNBA Team Checklists will be coming out shortly, giving collectors a chance to fast track their ascension up a Team Leaderboard. For every Team Checklist a collector completes, they are awarded Team Score for the corresponding team, as follows:
- 10,000 points for completing each Team Series Checklist
- 20,000 points for completing the Contemporary Team Checklist
- 25,000 points for completing the All-Time Team Checklist
The WNBA Squad Goals Moments will be attributed to a team and demonstrate an amazing, singular display of teamwork reflecting a 2022 WNBA season highlight.
Collect new Moments in upcoming drops and challenges, lock them in a Team Leaderboard to earn Rewards, and enjoy the rest of the season!