Thanks to an influx of recent growth, the demand to join the NBA Top Shot community has reached an unprecedented new level. While we made tremendous progress towards fairness with the queue system, it was still hard for new collectors to get their first pack. We’ve been hard at work behind-the-scenes designing a pre-ordering system that allows us to better distribute common packs.
That’s right. All collectors will be able to pre-order one Base Set pack each.
COLLECTORS ATTEMPTING TO PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE PACK ACROSS MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO SWIFT DISCIPLINE, INCLUDING PACK CONFISCATIONS AND ACCOUNT FREEZES FOR CLEAR OFFENDERS.
This new system will be deployed on Saturday, Feb. 27 to help us unveil all-new Base Set Series 2 packs with Moments that have yet to hit NBA Top Shot.
BASE SET SERIES 2 PRE-ORDER QUICK HITS
- Queue Begins: Feb. 27 at 10 AM PST
- Last Chance: Must be in queue by Feb. 27 at 2PM PST to be allowed to pre-order
- Pack Delivery: About 2 Weeks After Order
- Limit: 1 pack pre-order per collector
- Price Per Pack: $9 USD
- Funny Business Tolerated: 0
PACK PRE-ORDERS EXPLAINED
- As of 10 AM PST on Saturday, Feb. 27, registered Top Shot collectors will have the opportunity to join a queue on our site in order to formally pre-order one Base Set (Series 2, Release 21) pack. If you join the queue after 2PM, you may be able to enter the queue but will not be able to place a pre-order.
- Shortly after the queue opens, we will begin sequentially processing the payments of those in line. Depending on your place in the queue and the number of collectors that show up, it could take as little as a few minutes or as long as many hours for you to pre-order. Don’t worry, we’ll make the wait fun!
- When you’ve made it through the queue, you’ll be redirected to a screen to officially proceed with your purchase.
- Upon successful completion of your pre-order you’ll be given proof of your purchase. It’s not a pack, but will be in your collection under “Packs” until we deliver your pack.
- About two weeks after your pre-order is placed, the pack that you paid for will be delivered straight to your NBA Top Shot account for you to do with what you wish.
- We will send you an update on your pre-order on March 6th. If you decide to participate, please be patient, and do not ask for updates before we contact you. Our team is working hard to deliver packs and answer support.
In order to maintain the integrity of our community, our fraud team will be aggressively enforcing our Terms of Service before we distribute any packs to collectors.
To repeat: ATTEMPTING TO PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE PACK ACROSS MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO SWIFT DISCIPLINE.
As always, our greatest priority is maintaining the integrity of the Top Shot community and that will be as true for pre-orders as it is for pack drops and the Marketplace. Collectors suspected of attempting to circumvent our very clear Terms of Service and Code of Conduct will be penalized with pack confiscations, account freezes or even permanent bans.
BASE SET SERIES 2 PACK EXPLAINED
The pack available for pre-order will contain 52 never-before-seen Moments from superstars, returning rookies, and previously unseen rookies.
Each collector will be able to get 3 Moments from the 52 Base Set Moments available in Release 21 from this pack pre-order.
As we explained last week, there are major changes coming in this next installment of the Series 2 Base Set. At least 154 all-new Base Set Moments will soon arrive in the Top Shot universe, and 52 are included in this pack.
The remaining 102+ new Base Set Moments (including plays from the likes of Immanuel Quickley, Blake Griffin and Nickeil Alexander-Walker) will debut in various other drops (more details on this still to come).
PACK DROPS HEADING FORWARD
The meteoric growth that the NBA Top Shot community has seen in the past month has prompted us to come up with new ways to equitably distribute Base Set packs at scale. While this won't come at all close to meeting the pent-up demand for packs, our hope is that this pre-order system will eventually allow us to move closer to meeting that goal while maintaining positive collector experiences during such an important — and fun – time for our community.
If this experience goes well, we could continue to employ it in the future on other time-limited common drops. Rare and legendary drops will continue to be a game of limited supply and intense demand.