Summer League’s here! And we’re breaking new ground in Vegas, with in-arena Moments from our new Fandom tier, a Top Shot section, contest winners in the house and more. Stay tuned for to our social & blog for each day's Featured Game, where the Moment will come from, and find key links below.
- All Things Summer of '21
- More about Fandom tier
- How Fandom tier affects Collector Score
- Real-time coverage on Twitter
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FROM DAY 2
- We're on the ground at NBA Summer League, with the first-ever Top Shot Kiosk (Section 111) and Top Shot Section (114)
- We launched on Sunday, and it was a VIBE.
- We're creating our first in-arena Moments -- fans can purchase a Moment in-person & receive a Moment from a game they saw in person
- We'll have 1 Moment available for purchase each day from 1 Featured Game.
- Monday's Featured Game: Orlando vs. Golden State
- To keep rookies' Top Shot debuts regular-season only, the Moment will come from a second-year player -- with a 2020-21 All-Rookie performer in that pool
- Keep reading for more from Magic x Warriors, including players to watch for Moments & those to watch overall
FEATURED GAME: MAGIC VS. WARRIORS
It’s Day 2 of Summer League action. The forecast in Vegas is filled with another day of watching the NBA stars of tomorrow and exclusive Fandom Tier Moments.
Missed out on our first-ever in-arena Moments? No sweat.! We’re back with new-arena Moments for Day 2. Head over to the Top Shot Kiosk (Section 111) to claim your Moment(s).
Headlining for Orlando is Cole Anthony, who is coming off an impressive rookie campaign. And he has the Moments to prove it. Anthony hit not one but TWO game-winners in just his first season. Anthony has quickly proven that when his team needs a bucket, he is the Magic’s guy. Expect Anthony to step into a major role for the Magic’s Summer League roster. Anthony will be looking to build chemistry with his newest teammates Jalen Suggs and Franz Wagner, drafted fifth and eighth overall, respectively. Suggs and Wagner will be making their professional debuts in tonight’s contest against the Warriors.
Alongside Anthony is sophomore guard R.J. Hampton. In March 2021, Hampton was traded from the Denver Nuggets to the Orlando Magic as a part of the Aaron Gordon trade. Hampton, the 24th pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, saw a significant increase in minutes following his trade to Orlando. Hampton averaged 11.2 points in 25.2 minutes over 26 games with the Magic. Expect Hampton to continue developing his outside shooting and defensive game in Summer League -- proving himself as a foundational piece for the Magic roster. Hampton looks to help lead the Magic alongside Cole Anthony to bring Orlando their first Las Vegas Summer League Championship.
On the other side, there's second-year guard Mychal Mulder. The Canada native was named to the Rising Stars game during an impressive sophomore campaign. Once a G-League standout, Mulder averaged 5.6 points in 12.8 minutes over 60 games this season with the Warriors. Mulder will be lining up alongside Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody drafted seventh and fourteenth overall, respectively. The Warriors look to win their second Vegas Summer League championship following their victory in the inaugural Championship in 2013 over the Phoenix Suns.
Day 2 offers a glimpse of the NBA Stars of the future. Make sure to visit Top Shot at Section 111 on the concourse if you are at Summer League, and swing by the Top Shot Section in 114 if you're a Collector.
Check out our updated Collector Score Blog for information on Summer of 21 Moments. Fandom Tier is unlocked and just getting started!